More details on folder translator function

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Sat Jan 15 01:52:12 GMT 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 12:32 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09:22 Thu 13 Jan     , Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > As a side note; I was surprised to see you don't use IMAPFilter as part
> > of your solution. Is that because you feel mairix removes the need for
> > filtration?
>
> I'm unsure what I should use it for.  I wan't *all* my mail mirrored
> locally and then one just needs efficient search, right?

Not necessarily. IMAPFilter filters the mail on the server. There's a
bunch of options on how to run it but I prefer to call it in my
OfflineIMAP rc file before grabbing the mail. So it's sorted then
downloaded. You can also filter account1<->account2 which is where I
feel that project really shines.

> Mairix is suboptimal unfortunately, [...]

Yeah. I'm finding that timing is crucial when applying the "one app for
one task" style that you mention in your guide. Still though, I really
don't think I could go back to simply using an MUA to handle everything.
So for a certain crowd, there really is no other way. It's just a matter
of choice to get the proper setup to suite your needs.

Phil