finds folders but doesn't download mail

Scott Kiesling sfkiesling at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 16:38:00 BST 2011

Hi-
I'm new to offlineimap. This looks like the ideal solution for me; I have been downloading my mail locally to use mutt, and syncing computers up to now, but would also like to be able to keep recent messages on the server.

I have made a test to try to use offlineimap with my laptop and my imap/exchange server. I use archlinux and have posted a query on their forms but no responses (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=121916).

The problem is that offlineimap doesn't get the actual emails. I
tried it when I knew that emails were on the server and a totally empty directory
locally, and offlineimap created directories (the cur/new/tmp for
maildir) but there are no emails. I can see from the web interface that
there are emails on the server. I have tried everything I could find on the web to fix but nothing has helped.

Here are my offlineimaprc and the debug output from " offlineimap -d imap -1". usernames and passwords have been removed.
Debug: http://pastebin.com/tE7J1zXw

Here is my offlineimaprc (de-commented):
[general]
metadata = ~/.offlineimap
accounts = Pitt
maxsyncaccounts = 1
ui = Noninteractive.Basic
#ui = Blinkenlights
ignore-readonly = no
socktimeout = 60 [mbnames]
enabled = no
filename = ~/Mutt/muttrc.mailboxes
header = "mailboxes "
peritem = "+%(accountname)s/%(foldername)s"
sep = " "
footer = "\n" [ui.Curses.Blinkenlights]
statuschar = . [Account Pitt]
localrepository = LocalPitt
remoterepository = RemotePitt
maxage = 14 [Repository LocalPitt]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Mailtest
#localfolders = ~/work/Mail
sep = /
restoreatime = no [Repository RemotePitt]
type = IMAP
remotehost = exchange.pitt.edu
ssl = yes
remoteport = 993