DOH: POP3 not IMAP (was: raise self.error(self.welcome) error: None)

Sebastian Spaeth sebastian at sspaeth.de
Thu Jun 16 15:15:46 BST 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:33:56 +1000, Piers Lauder <piers at janeelix.com> wrote:
> But I don't think we should accept bad syntax here, as who knows what else
> this server has broken?

DOH, Marcelo hold your horses before reporting anything!

You were connecting to mail.ufvjm.edu.br:995 which is the _POP_ server
and no IMAP server. No wonder you couldn't proceed. :P

The banner should already have alerted me:

OK hercules Cyrus POP3 v2.2.13-Debian-2.2.13-19 server ready
<1544337337.1308048136 at hercules>\r\n

The cyrus maintainers were also confused:
> Sorry, I'm confused.  Are we talking about POP or IMAP here?
> That looks remarkably like a POP banner to me.

:)

Marcelo, why don't you start connecting to an IMAP server when using
offlineIMAP... :)

Good luck,