Message duplication

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Fri Jun 24 11:03:08 BST 2011

Hi,

SS> So I can see how this seemingless innocent change could indeed lead
SS> to a different behavior. To be honest, and code that requires such
SS> intensive studying and care is broken by design, and that I know
SS> that the MappedIMAP case needs love anyway (I've always
SS> procrastinated this task as I don't use it myself and found the code
SS> scary). Perhaps now is the time to start doing something about it. I
SS> will be sending a first patch that logically splits the
SS> MappedIMAPFolder and IMAPFolder into 2 distinct objects by making
SS> self._mb an actual instance of type IMAPFolder and not invoking
SS> IMAPFolder methods and passing in MappedIMAPFolder instances as
SS> 'self'.

SS> Vincent, perhaps you would like to try this patch to see if it
SS> changes behavior already.

YES ! It fixes everything ! You are my new hero :-)

Given that the bug was indeed deterministic and highly problematic, I
would say that this should be applied before 6.3.4 is released. Plus the
code looks nicer that way. Nicolas, do you agree ? In any case,

Signed-Off-By: Vincent Beffara <vbeffara at gmail.com>

Thanks a huge lot !

       /v

SS> In any case the MappedIMAP use needs a lot more love and if there
SS> are champions for it, I wouldn't mind. Did I mention already that I
SS> am NOT using it myself? :-)

Well, I seem to be the only one using it apparently. Hmm ... I think I
see your point ...

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |