Mails have no body / Exchange 2010

Joshua Rodman jrodman at offlineimap.spamportal.net
Sat Mar 12 03:49:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:28:32PM +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:56:44 -0800, jrodman at offlineimap.spamportal.net wrote:
> > <REQUESTID> FETCH <UID> (BODY.PEEK[])
> >
> > The server simply seems to reply with
> >
> > <REQUESTID> OK finished
> >
> > without actually providing any text at all.
>
> If that is actually what is happening, this is so wrong that someone
> should sue the heck out of Microsoft for data loss. I don't seen any way
> to work around that.
>
> File a bug with your overlords and have them switch to something sane?
> :-)
>
> Sorry for not having a more helpful answer.
>
> Sebastian

It's a reasonable response.  I feel the same way.
It is actually happening unless python's ssl socket object is losing bytes.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had seen it before.

I'm trying to get them to just forward my work email to fastmail at this point.

Incidentally mutt fails too in a different pattern.  It gets 99% of the headers
for my inbox, then the last few stall forever.  Total insanity.

-josh