Offlineimap 6.3.3-rc1 hangs

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Thu Mar 17 12:29:58 UTC 2011

Hi there,

Nice to have new development happening on offlineimap ! I just upgraded
to version 6.3.3-rc1, and I cannot sync anymore, the program just hangs
(using no CPU):

,----
| vincent at elrond ~ > offlineimap
| WARNING:root:Using old interface name, consider using one of machineui,
|    blinkenlights, quiet, ttyui, basic
| OfflineIMAP 6.3.2
| Copyright (C) 2002 - 2010 John Goerzen <john at complete.org>
|
| This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see the file
| COPYING for details.  This is free software, and you are welcome
| to distribute it under the conditions laid out in COPYING.
| ***** Processing account allimap
| Copying folder structure from IMAP to MappedIMAP
| Establishing connection to 127.0.0.1:10143.
| ^CCTRL-C pressed, aborting...
`----

That's with no modification to my config file, which looks like this:

,----[ .offlineimaprc ]
| [general]
|
| accounts = allimap
| ui = Noninteractive.Basic
| pythonfile = /Users/vincent/.offlineimap.py
|
| [Account allimap]
|
| localrepository = here
| remoterepository = there
|
| [Repository here]
|
| type = IMAP
| remoteuser = vincent
| remotehost = 127.0.0.1
| remoteport = 143
| remotepass = ***********
| maxconnections = 4
|
| [Repository there]
|
| type = IMAP
| remoteuser = vbeffara
| remotehost = 127.0.0.1
| remoteport = 10143
| remotepass = ***********
| maxconnections = 4
`----

Both imap servers live in localhost; 'here' is a real local dovecot
server, and 'there' is an on-demand ssh tunnel managed by launchd (but
the same happens if I create the tunnel by hand).

Any idea what could be causing that ?

Thanks a lot for everything !

       /v

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |