SQlite backend series updated

Thu Mar 31 12:40:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 19:28:06 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> wrote:
> Merged into pu.

Thanks.

> > The feature is optional and can be configured by setting
> > status_backend=sqlite in the local [Repository ...] section. (Yes, it
> > makes probably more sense in the [Account ...] section, doesn't it ?).
>
> It does FMPOV.
OK; will put it there, then.

> > When using it, it will create a new folder
> > ~/.offlineimap/Account-XXX/LocalStatus-sqlite next to the existing
> > ~/.offlineimap/Account-XXX/LocalStatus folder (which it will leave
> > untouched, so that has to be removed manually if people want to switch
> > permanently).
>
> Good for now.
Yep, as long as it is optional and experimental, I think that is fine.

> > This builds on the original patches by Stewart Smith and Rob Browning
> > but has been modified quite a bit.
>
> They should be granted in the related commit messages.

They are if I remember correct, but I'll make sure they are in.

P.S. The sqlite-based status cache is about half the size of the
plain-text one. My maildir is not sufficiently large to really suffer a
lot from the extreme performance loss that others had been seeing, so I
would appreciate if some testing. Going back to plaintext should be
quite easy and painless.

P.P.S. Sometimes I would love to have a --dry-run feature that would
tell me what it would sync on a run. I am not sure how easy it would be
to implement, but is that something others could be interested in as well?