Crash when downloading a particular GMail message

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:04:20 GMT 2011

(The project page says to report bugs here - please excuse me if this
is off-topic.)

I'm trying to archive my GMail, which is about 3.5GB collected over
seven years. So I tried downloading everything with offlineimap.

When it hits the "All mail" folder (about 422k messages), offlineimap
reliably crashes every time on one message:

MainThread:
 Thread 'Copy message 15618 from [Gmail]/All Mail' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/fun/bin/nicolas33-offlineimap-9c5f47f/offlineimap/threadutil.py",
line 158, in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/fun/bin/nicolas33-offlineimap-9c5f47f/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 296, in copymessageto
    UIBase.getglobalui().warn("ERROR attempting to copy message " + str(uid) \
NameError: global name 'UIBase' is not defined

No debug messages were logged for Copy message 15618 from [Gmail]/All Mail.

This happened first with the distro version (6.2.0) and the latest
tarball (6.3.2-rc3).

I have no idea how to work out which message in GMail is message 15618
... is there anything I can helpfully give you to make a usable bug
report?

- d.