Crash when downloading a particular GMail message

Mon Mar 7 17:22:39 GMT 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 17:04:20 +0000, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> (The project page says to report bugs here - please excuse me if this
> is off-topic.)

>     UIBase.getglobalui().warn("ERROR attempting to copy message " + str(uid) \
> NameError: global name 'UIBase' is not defined

Hi there,

you are right here.

this specific error has been fixed in the 6.3.2 release. However, it
just fixed the output of the error message, you will still be seeing
Gmail "crashing" due to an IMAP error.

Most likely this is a very big message that the IMAP server doesn't
like. If that is the case, check if the maxsize setting helps you (which
will just prevent those big messages from being synced). If you run a
debug output with "-1 -d imap -l debug.log", it would be great if you
could make that available to us (or me). Take note that the debug.log
could contain passwords and email contents though...