Error on gmail sync

Antoine Levitt antoine.levitt at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:12:29 UTC 2011

25/05/11 13:53, Sebastian Spaeth
> On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:52:43 +0200, Antoine Levitt <antoine.levitt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 18/05/11 17:19, Antoine Levitt
>> > My config and the error log are attached. This is in v6.3.4-rc1, after a
>> > sync that had one new mail. Next sync was fine and the message was
>> > retrieved.
>>
>> Any takers? This is 100% reproductible: it happens whenever new mail is
>> fetched from the server. FWIW, I run dovecot on the local backend.
>

> This is an inconsistency between your LocalStatus cache and the
> UIDMapping file, mapping between the Gmail UIDs and the local IMAP UID,
> in folder facebook.

I think it's in INBOX : the UIDMapping for facebook doesn't go to such
high numbers as 5281. The fact that it displays "syncing facebook" just
before bugging out is probably due to threading (I have maxconnections=2)

> Somehow, it expects that you have a message with UID 5281 in our
> facebook/LocalStatus file, which you apparently don't, so it craps out.
>
> Check the ~/.offlineimap/Repository-LocalXXX/UIDMapping/facebook file and
> search for occurences of 5281 (delete the line if it is in there).

The problem is not limited to a particular folder : I get it whenever I
get new mail. I deleted one of the lines responsible for a crash, but
it still keeps crashing.

Is there any way to get out of this, or do I need to "reset" the sync?
More importantly, any idea how this happened?