Double nametrans required in a imap-imap-Sync?

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Wed May 4 19:11:45 BST 2011

Hi again,

Im trying to sync a gmx imap-account to another imap-server (1blu, might
be a dovecot).

As the 1blu-imap-server does not allow subfolders of the INBOX, I put a
nametrans-rule into the offlineimaprc, that puts all the folders from
the GMX account into a folder "GMX" on the 1blu server. Seems to work...

nametrans = lambda foldername: \
          re.sub('^', 'GMX/', foldername)

Im not sure if I need to put another nametrans-rule into the
1blu-repo-section, to avoid syncing the 1blu-INBOX into the GMX INBOX.

Do I need to? Same as above with another substitution?
Or is offlineimap smart enough not to do that?

Where do the mails from the 1blu-server end up? I just put some there to
test it, and I'd just like to know.

Thanks everybody!

Regards,
OJ
--
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes.