GMAIL hangs

Sebastian Spaeth sebastian at sspaeth.de
Mon May 2 10:33:11 BST 2011

On Mon, 02 May 2011 11:08:23 +1000, Piers Lauder <piers at janeelix.com> wrote:
> A quick look at that debug output from the GMAIL hang shows incomplete
> output implying that imaplib2 hung in the middle of a "write" call, which
> is unlikely.
>
> But just in case the debug output is stalling the containing logging code,
> you could try adding ".100" into the %s of the write in imaplib2 _mesg()
> function, ie change:
>   self.debug_file.write('  %s.%02d %s %s\n' % (tm, (secs*100)%100, tn, s))
>   self.debug_file.write('  %s.%02d %s %.100s\n' % (tm, (secs*100)%100, tn, s))

mmh, I tried that and it promptly managed to sync around 400 emails from
gmail just fine. It is really hard to track down. But while it is stuck,
it is stuck waiting for some FUTEX (seen in strace).

Yes, a mailing list for imaplib2 would be nice, I don't have strong
opinions about which place would be best.