Hooks and multiple accounts.

David Soulayrol david.soulayrol at gmail.com
Tue May 3 14:30:46 BST 2011

2011/5/3 Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de>:

> I have to admit that I don't really get your problem. The 1 account case
> is crystal clear. In the multi-account case, you have a per-account
> pre|postsynchook.
>
> What is the problems? Different accounts work on different IMAP servers,
> so having different imapfilter instances running simultanously shouldn't
> be a problem, right?

Let me be clearer. I have something like four or five IMAP accounts. I
only sync with two of them which I consider the main ones, the others
being place holders for old mail addresses. I use imapfilter to fetch
all the mail from these old IMAP accounts into the sync'ed ones and
then to sort everything on the server side. So for now, I have one
imapfilter configuration which does everything, and synchronisation
should only occur when it has finished.

I must admit I could split my imapfilter configuration in two, since I
have one main account for work and one for personal messages, and they
are normally independent. Then I could invoke imapfilter from each
account presynchook. But what if some messages should be moved from
one sync'ed account to the other one?

> If you want to make sure one presynchook has run before everything else
> runs, you can also disable multithreading and have the presynchook in
> the first account (at the expense of some performance).

Indeed, that's a solution. But I would prefer keep the current
parallel configuration.

--
David