Hooks and multiple accounts.

Tue May 3 15:42:25 BST 2011

On Tue, 3 May 2011 15:30:46 +0200, David Soulayrol wrote:
> Let me be clearer. I have something like four or five IMAP accounts. I
> only sync with two of them which I consider the main ones, the others
> being place holders for old mail addresses. I use imapfilter to fetch
> all the mail from these old IMAP accounts into the sync'ed ones and
> then to sort everything on the server side. So for now, I have one
> imapfilter configuration which does everything, and synchronisation
> should only occur when it has finished.
>
> I must admit I could split my imapfilter configuration in two, since I
> have one main account for work and one for personal messages, and they
> are normally independent. Then I could invoke imapfilter from each
> account presynchook. But what if some messages should be moved from
> one sync'ed account to the other one?

Right, why not having 2 imapfilter configs and run both in one hook?

Assume:
IMAP1 = old account
IMAP2 = active account
imapfilter1.conf = Shove stuff from IMAP1 to IMAP2
imapfilter2.conf = Sort stuff nicely on IMAP2

Why not just use

[Account IMAP2]
presynchook = imapfilter -c imapfilter1.conf && imapfilter -c
              imapflter2.conf

(Or something similar)