Strange behavior when syncing two IMAP servers
matthieu.rakotojaona at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:05:56 GMT 2011
Hello everyone !
I am working on an IMAP server of my own. I'm trying to sync it with a
GMail account, with a nametrans.
System : Linux 3.1.1, OfflineIMAP v.6.3.4
When I add a message to a mailbox on my side and want to sync
(upstream), here is the behavior I see on my side, on the IMAP server:
1) SELECT, EXAMINE, FETCH FLAGS, SELECT, EXAMINE the mailbox
2) FETCH BODY.PEEK the new email
3) SELECT the mailbox
4) APPEND the exact same email
5) CHECK, SELECT the mailbox
6) DELETE (STORE +FLAGS \Deleted) the email (the one that was read,
not the one that was appended)
7) SELECT, EXPUNGE the mailbox
So, I have a few questions :
* My custom server cannot append a message if it already exists. Why
does it append exactly the same, to remove the first one ?
All I can see from this is that the email should get a new UID, but I
can't see the reason. And it doesn't serves my purpose =]
* Where can I see the relevant parts (2, 3 ( I suppose OfflineIMAP
verifies some things at that moment), and 4) in the code ? I couldn't
Thank you !
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project