More traces

Mon Oct 10 10:56:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 15:37:23 +0200, Justus Winter wrote:
> >>     return [mapping[x] for x in items]
> >> KeyError: 3594L
> >
> >If a key is missing there that points to a UIDMapping file
> >corruption. You will get this error independent of the version you use
> >:-(. I wonder how you got there...
>
> Is that a serious problem, possibly eating mails?

No, in the worst case you will get duplicated mails. You'd probably need
to delete the UID from the remote LocalStatus cache in this case, which
would retransmit the message, and establish the mapping newly (leading
to one message being duplicated).

I really want to help the user and give more useful tips (or offer to
have OfflineImap attempt to repair this itself), but my time is
currently very limited.

> Now theres a warning lurking around, but it is always the same:
>
> WARNING: UID validity problem for folder feeds.debian (repo RemoteJade) (saved 1250670157; got 1250670164); skipping it

That is in the FAQ. The server changed the UIDVALIDITY value, so the
UIDs will likely also have changed, that's why we are skipping it (it
happens eg on some servers when the folder becomes empty for some
time). Back the folder up, remove the UIDvalidity entry, and transfer it
fresh from the server to get the updated UIDs.