Can I use maxage to delete remote copies and retain local?

Martin Miller witsquash at lavabit.com
Wed Oct 5 23:29:34 BST 2011

To answer my own question for posterity:
I left maxage unset, deleted an email from my server, and the deletion
propogated to my local maildir after offlineimap ran (as expected).
Then, I set maxage to 2, deleted a message from my server, and the message did
not delete in my local maildir.

So it appears setting maxage is a useful method to achieve email archiving
without maxing out remote storage space.

Part two remains to be completed, that is, find a way to delete emails
remotely from the remote machine. I can write a script, but maybe there's
something else out there that can already do this...

Cheers
--
Martin Miller
witsquash.com