ValueError: Thread Account sync my_account already registered

Manolo Martínez manolo at austrohungaro.com
Thu Sep 29 08:35:50 UTC 2011

Dear all,

This is my first message to the offlineimap list, so I would like to apologise
in advance if I am not observing any piece of implicit or explicit netiquette.

I've been using offlineimap to sync a couple of Maildirs that mutt then reads.
It's been working very well for me, and it still does, but lately I see a
number of errors when offlineimap runs -- although, as I say, then it does sync
and everything goes well afaict.

Running offlineimap -o -d=-1 says, among other things:

Main program terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 335, in run
      self.sync_singlethreaded(syncaccounts, config)
        File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 364,
        in sync_singlethreaded
            account.syncrunner()
              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py",
              line 162, in syncrunner
                  self.ui.registerthread(self.name)
                    File
                    "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/ui/UIBase.py",
                    line 91, in registerthread
                        s.getthreadaccount(s), account)
                        ValueError: Thread Account sync my_account already
                        registered (old *Control, new my_account)

I have searched the list archive for similar complaints, and haven't been able
to find any. Anyway, hope you can provide me with advice on whether I should
worry about this.

Cheers,
Manolo