New folder creation on REMOTE (DO READ)

Mon Sep 19 20:30:22 BST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:59:23 -0500, John Wiegley <jwiegley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I have my Maildir under Git, and so I put 'git' in my folderfilter so that
> offlineimap doesn't sync it.  However, your new remote folder creation code
> just created a "git" label in my Gmail account, even though it's not going to
> sync that folder.
>
> I should think it would only create remote folders for folders that will be
> sync'd.  I happen to keep several "local-only" mailboxes, for archival
> purposes.

Hi John,

it decided whether to create a "LOCAL" folder on "REMOTE" depending if a
folderfilter setting in the *local* repository applies to the local folder.

Should we check for all new local folders if the corresponding folder would be
filtered out using the remote folderfilters too before deciding whether
to create one? That would actually make sense, so I made it so. Can you
delete the label and retry? Besides erronous folders, there is no
increased danger of data loss.

Thanks,
Sebastian

commit 1c58ebe3484fa72e541acba14ff5498df63c77a7
Author: Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de>

Do not create folder on REMOTE if it would fall in REMOTE's folderfilter

Previously, we only checked if a LOCAL folder falls under the local
repositories folderfilter rule when deciding whether a folder should be
created on REMOTE.

However, we also do not want to create the folder on REMOTE if it would
fall under a folderfilter rule there. This patch prevents us from doing
so.