[Imaplib2-devel] Two patches to improve compatibility with Python 2.6

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 3 05:11:01 BST 2012

Piers, good day.

Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 01:19:33PM +1000, Piers Lauder wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 23:53:02 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>   > http://codelabs.ru/patches/offlineimap/6.5.2.1-imaplib2-bug-3473-workaround.diff
>   > for this one, I would suggest that you send it directly to the imaplib2
>   > list, because I would prefer to bundle an unmodified upstream version if
>   > possible at all. I'm copying in the imaplib2 list in this reply, so
>   > let's see if the imaplib2 maintainer takes it.
>
> As far as I'm aware, this has been fixed for some time in imaplib2.
>
> The fix was to put the keyword arguments before the *args. Please let
> me know if it doesn't, in fact, work.

Yep, it works in my simple tests and works with OfflineIMAP where I had
patched the relevant lines in the _simple_command().

Sebastian, may be it is the time to put the new imaplib2 to the master
branch and test it for a while?

Thanks!
--
Eygene Ryabinkin                                        ,,,^..^,,,
[ Life's unfair - but root password helps!           | codelabs.ru ]