Sync Failure due to UID error with gmail?

Jeremiah Via jeremiah.via at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:53:30 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I fixed my problem, so I figured I would follow up on it.

I think there is something a bit wonky about Gmail and UIDs---perhaps due
to some bug in one of the many clients I have used over the years.

This error was not limited to offlineimap; I was able to reproduce it
with fetchmail and mbsync.

To solve it, I went and delete some really old emails. After I did that,
sync worked just fine. Odd. It would be nice if there was a way the
error would spit out the email subject or something, to allow for a more
targeted deletion.

Cheers,
Jeremiah