Sync Failure due to UID error with gmail?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Dec 13 16:07:40 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:53:30PM -0500, Jeremiah Via wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I fixed my problem, so I figured I would follow up on it.
>
> I think there is something a bit wonky about Gmail and UIDs---perhaps due
> to some bug in one of the many clients I have used over the years.
>
> This error was not limited to offlineimap; I was able to reproduce it
> with fetchmail and mbsync.
>
> To solve it, I went and delete some really old emails. After I did that,
> sync worked just fine. Odd. It would be nice if there was a way the
> error would spit out the email subject or something, to allow for a more
> targeted deletion.

Interesting...

Note that gmail kind of works some days without me touching anything.
By deleting old mails, how many did you delete in percentage?

Are you sure this just didn't get you down below a threshold where if you
have more that this many mails, gmail times out on occasion and cuts your
connection?

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/