recommended python IDE's + IDE setup guide

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sat Jan 7 14:38:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 07:01:08PM -0800, chris coleman wrote:
>    I'm looking at using a python IDE to help take a closer look at the OLI
>    code.
>    1) Just wondering, which IDE's do Sebastian and Nicholas and the rest of
>    you developers use and recommend ??
>    2) And is there an IDE setup guide for OLI- a list of which python
>    libraries must be downloaded and pointed at in the IDE to resolve external
>    functions and classes for a successful run ??

I use vim and some vim plugins to help with python code.

Most Linux hackers use either vim or emacs but I'm not sure one of them
will help you much if you're only used to IDE tools (the learning curve
is somewhat long even if it actually worth most of the time). So, I'm
afraid you won't have good tips on IDE for python here, sorry.