How to safely upgrade 6.2.0.2 to newest stable?

chris coleman christocoleman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 03:13:53 UTC 2012

Currently running OLI 6.2.0.2 on debian lenny 5.

Must upgrade to the latest stable for the much higher efficiency sqlite database.

Concerned about data loss.  This is a production box with ~80GB of email on there.  Can have only about 1-2 hours downtime per night.

1) What's the newest stable version ?

I'll be sure to take a snapshot of the entire machine before upgrading.  If the newest stable version doesn't work for some reason, I absolutely must revert to running 6.2.0.2.

2) What's the safe way to upgrade from 6.2.0.2 to the newest stable?