sslcacertfile troubleshooting :)

SamLT sam at sltosis.org
Tue Jan 17 21:41:22 UTC 2012

Hello,

After reading the online documentation Sebastian has just announced, I
wanted to try the sslcacertfile option [1]

Two things:

1) It works fine, however, when specifying a wrong certificate gives
that kind of warning:

| WARNING: Could not connect via SSL to host 'imap.sfr.fr' and
|     non-standard ssl port 993 configured. Make sure you connect to the
|     correct port.

This isn't really clear to me, reading this warning, that the
certificate check was the problem. Couldn't it be clearly stated?

2) Even though I generate the sslcacertfile as described in the FAQ[1],
I still got the warning(and thus no sync) for an other IMAP server, what
can be wrong? What information do you need to help me with this one?

Thanks for bringing back OLI development back to life:)

[1] ->
http://docs.offlineimap.org/en/latest/FAQ.html#how-do-i-generate-an-sslcacertfile-file