sslcacertfile troubleshooting :)

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.name
Wed Jan 18 06:13:49 UTC 2012

SamLT wrote on Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 22:41:22 +0100:
> 2) Even though I generate the sslcacertfile as described in the FAQ[1],
> I still got the warning(and thus no sync) for an other IMAP server, what
> can be wrong? What information do you need to help me with this one?

Try something such as the following, to check the cert file:

    % openssl s_client -CAfile $sslcacertfile -connect ${hostname}:imaps 2>&1 </dev/null | grep -i verify
    verify return:1
    verify return:1
    verify return:1
        Verify return code: 0 (ok)
  %

(If you post the output, post the full output, without 'grep' filtering)

If the server uses STARTTLS, pass the -starttls option and the 'imap' port.