MachineUI stopped working on 6.4.2 and git

Fri Jan 6 13:10:19 GMT 2012

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:10:24 +0100, coroa at online.de wrote:
> the MachineUI didn't survive me upgrading from 6.4.0 to 6.4.2 or
> master. When I invoke offlineimap now like

Thanks for reporting, this bug has been rendered obsolete by the recent
switch the new logging system. Can you try current master and see if it
works for you there? (It won't work in the latest stable release, but
the master branch contains a fix).

That having said, I am no friend of the MachineUI. It's clunky,
non-standard output is hard to parse and you can never be sure that a
line is actually limited to 1 line output anyway.

What would people say about deprecating the MachineUI and instead having
json output that would be easier to parse as a machine-readable log
form?