[patch] Re: Fix the logic for updating maildir flags.

Rafael Espíndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:05:05 GMT 2012

> That would be reasonable. It basically means that putting offlineimap in
>  between thunderbird and gmail causes a bit of information loss, but
> short of adding support for dovecot's "extended imap attributes in
> maildir" that is probably the best.

BTW, I think now just the comment is wrong:

       # Flags have actually changed, construct new filename
            # Strip off existing infostring (preserving small letter flags that
            # dovecot uses)
            infomatch = self.re_flagmatch.search(filename)
            if infomatch:
                filename = filename[:-len(infomatch.group())] #strip off
            infostr = '%s2,%s' % (self.infosep, ''.join(sorted(flags)))
            filename += infostr

We strip all old flags.

Cheers,
Rafael