offlineimap stops working on 6.3.3 -> 6.4.2 upgrade

Christian Neukirchen chneukirchen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:29:26 GMT 2012

Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> writes:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:42:56 +0100, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
>> I updated from 6.3.4 to 6.4.2 and I get:
>
> First, can you upgrade to 6.5.0? 6.4.2-6.4.4 are somewhat flawed
> unfortunately.
>
>> Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
>> Creating new IMAP folder '[Gmail]/Important' on server Remote
>> ERROR: Creating folder ruby-core on repository Local
>>   Folder '[Gmail]/Important'[Remote] could not be created. Server responded: ('N
>> O', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] Duplicate folder name (Failure)'])
>
>> [Repository Remote]
>> folderfilter = lambda foldername: not foldername in ['[Gmail]/All Mail','[Gmail]/Spam', '[Gmail]/Trash', 'ruby-talk', 'ruby-core']
>
> I suspect that an upgrade should solve your problems. There is a later
> fix that will prevent us from creating folders on the remote side when
> they are filtered out via folderfilters.

That did not help.

Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
Creating new IMAP folder '[Gmail]/Important' on server Remote
ERROR: Creating folder [Gmail]/Important on repository Remote
  Folder '[Gmail]/Important'[Remote] could not be created. Server responded: ('N
O', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] Duplicate folder name (Failure)'])
ERROR: Folder '[Gmail]/Important'[Remote] could not be created. Server responded
: ('NO', ['[ALREADYEXISTS] Duplicate folder name (Failure)'])
*** Finished account 'GMail' in 0:02

> The earlier version simply ignores all filtered out folders as
> inexistant and than attempts to create it, but -- of course --, it
> already exists on the server. Later versions should have fixed that.
>
> You can also use the "--info -u basic" switch since 6.5.0 to give you a
> nice list of folders and how they are "translated".

I have removed the folders in question locally (they seemed to be old
leftovers), but now it syncs weird things:

Syncing INBOX: IMAP -> Maildir
Adding flag a to 12 messages on INBOX

Syncing idc: IMAP -> Maildir
Adding flag a to 74 messages on idc
Deleting flag S from 186 messages on idc

The latter folder has not been touched in weeks, and what is flag a?

Downgrading to 6.3.4 and resyncing reverses these things:

Deleting flag a from 12 messages on INBOX
Deleting flag a from 74 messages on idc
Adding flag S to 186 messages on idc

Something seems to be seriously broken there.

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen at gmail.com>  http://chneukirchen.org