folder skipped without being examined -- bug with s/folderfilter/-f/ ? Re: 100 messages limit, on multiple IMAP->Maildir accounts

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.name
Mon Jan 9 02:51:01 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 02:05, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Possibly related: today I observed several times an issue whereby
> offlineimap marked a folder as "done" in 5 seconds or so, even after I
> flagged a message on the IMAP side (to force a non-inoperative sync).

More information on this one:

It doesn't affect INBOX.  (This is on my personal account, called FM
hereinafter, which uses a Cyrus server and a re.sub('^INBOX\.', '',
foldername) nametrans.)

I have narrowed down my config on the affected to the point that it is
identical to WORKACCT, save for the following attribute on the remote
repository:
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', foldername)

I have tried adding the following entry on the local repository; didn't help:
nametrans = lambda localfoldername: (localfoldername == 'INBOX') and 'INBOX' or ('INBOX.' + localfoldername)

The reason for this difference is that WORKACCT runs Dovecot (the server-
side folder names are "INBOX" and "Sent" and so on), while FM runs
runs Cyrus (the server-side foldernames are "INBOX" and "INBOX.lists"
and so on).

I see the problem with:
% nice ./offlineimap.py -c fm.offlineimaprc -f INBOX.lists -a dshahaffm -l log

I do not see the problem with:
% echo "folderfilter = lambda x: x in ['INBOX.lists']" >> fm.offlineimaprc
% nice ./offlineimap.py -c fm.offlineimaprc -a fm -l log