About folder names

Mon Jan 9 09:21:45 GMT 2012

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 00:10:28 -0700, Qiang Guo <mcknight0219 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When oli pulls folders list from remote server, some folders' name
> contain whitespace. This works fine on oli's side, but this naming may
> cause some mail-reading-clients to omit such folders. I'm right now
> using Gnus, AFAIK, which can't recognize folder names with
> whitespaces. So my question is could we eliminate the whitespace in
> folder names, if there is any. Instead, we could replace the whitespces
> with a dot like (Sent.Mail).

Hi,
clients that cannot cope with Foldernames with spaces, I would consider
quite broken. That having said, you can easily achieve that by using

[<REMOTEREPO>]
nametrans= lambda f: f.replace(" ", ".")
[<LOCALREPO>]
nametrans= lambda f: f.replace(".", " ")

a) Note, this won't work if you use a Maildir that uses "." as folder
seperator (you'd need to use sep="/") or you'd have to use a different
char.

I would not accept a patch that did this change for everyone as most
clients have no problem coping with spaces.

HTH