What happens when contents of a mail message change?

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Sat May 19 20:10:05 UTC 2012

Thanks for offlineimap; I'm using it with mu4e, a new email client for
emacs (http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e.html).

I'd like to investigate whether I can reliably delete attachments from
email, based on e.g. python scripts like
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/302086/

But I'm just wondering -- can offlineimap detect and sync cases when a
Maildir file has changed its content (e.g. after deleting an
attachment, or by adding a X-Tag: header).  Is it better to keep the
original filename, or create a new file with the edited message and
delete the original file?

Best wishes, Stephen