Consideration about offlineimap in simultaneous sync

Silas Silva silasdb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 02:52:30 GMT 2012

Hi guys!

I've used offlineimap as a standalone program, calling it from my MUA.
Recently, I changed my strategy and added a cronjob that executes it at
background.

The problem arises when I have more than one computer on, and they all
have offilineimap in crontab.  Errors like that start to appear:

    [ALERT] Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)
    ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for gmail folder myfold: Traceback (most recent call last):

    ... and a large Traceback comes ...

By reading some notes, it seems it is normal, right?  Even the index
page of the offlineimap project mentions that:

    OfflineImap is well suited to be frequently invoked by cron jobs, or
    can run in daemon mode to periodically check your email (however, it
    will exit in some error situations).

And, it doesn't seem there is anything I can do besides having to get
used to the errors and warnings.  Or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I'm not subscribed to this mailist so, pleace, Cc me.

--
Silas Silva