python3 and offlineimap

Tue Nov 6 10:05:16 GMT 2012

On 06.11.2012 09:02, Nikola Pajkovsky wrote:
> Morning Sebastian (at least I have morning :),
>
> do you have any plans to port offlineimap to python3?
>
> I see following traceback:
>
> npajkovs at redhat ~/src/offlineimap $ python setup.py build
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "setup.py", line 26, in<module>
>      import offlineimap
>    File "/home/npajkovs/src/offlineimap/offlineimap/__init__.py", line 19, in<module>
>      from offlineimap.init import OfflineImap
>    File "/home/npajkovs/src/offlineimap/offlineimap/init.py", line 21, in<module>
>      import offlineimap.imaplib2 as imaplib
>    File "/home/npajkovs/src/offlineimap/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 376
>      raise self.error('unrecognised server welcome message: %s' % `self.welcome`)
>                                                                   ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Hi Nikola,

I'd love to support python3. offlineimap is python3 ready, it's the
bundled imaplib2.py that is not. I have submitted some patches there
already but I don't think they have been integrated. Do head over to the
imaplib2 project at sourceforge and put a little pressure on the
maintainer :-).

Best,