Sync Failure due to UID error with gmail?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 06:49:01 GMT 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Marc MERLIN <marc at merlins.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:38:31PM +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm curious.
>> >
>> > Does syncing with gmail not suck for some?
>> > Is it actually reliable without disconnections, hangs for anyone?
>> >
>> > Marc
>>
>> *raises hand*
>>
>> And I've got some pretty big folders (number of emails wise, not size
>> wise) as well, 3-4k?
>>
>> Of course, my new employer doesn't allow IMAP downloads, so this is
>> sort of a moot point, but it does work reliably when I do get my
>> laptop on other networks.
>
> Wait, I'm confused, your employer?
>
> I'm talking about doing 2 way imap sync on gmail.com of multiple folders.
> Are you on google for your domain using gmail with your employer but without
> imap downloads?
> You lost me here.
>
> Marc

My laptop connects to the internet (and hence google's servers)
through my employer's routers, which filter basically everything but
HTTP and HTTPS. This of course means no IMAP, and I've been
negotiating for IMAP access for months now.

The sync I run is 2-way to gmail, multiple folders (multiple accounts even).