Sync Failure due to UID error with gmail?

Ryan Kavanagh rak at debian.org
Fri Nov 30 09:42:00 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:27:05PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Does syncing with gmail not suck for some?
> Is it actually reliable without disconnections, hangs for anyone?

Assuming you're talking about gmail setup as any other IMAP server (I
seem to recall there being some gmail-specific config stanza options at
some point), then it sucks here too. To the point that I run offlineimap
with:
    while true; do offlineimap; done
and have a shell script called 'oik' (OfflineImap Kill) that goes:
    #!/bin/sh

    killall -9 offlineimap
    rm -f ~/.offlineimap/*.lock
Running offlineimap in an always-true while loop means that when I kill
it, I don't have to restart it. Being able to kill it and not have to
manually deal with locks is also useful.

Ryan