Accessing offlineimap synchronized mail through a local dovecot

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Dec 4 10:32:22 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a local dovecot to read some mail synchronized
through offlineimap. Unfortunately, it seems that dovecot does not see
the mailboxes. Here are their names:

Drafts
INBOX
Junk
Sent
Trash
lists
lists.annonces
lists.caml
lists.formal
lists.hack
lists.js
lists.orgmode
old
old.2013
old.2013.01
old.2013.02
old.2013.03
old.2013.04
old.2013.05
old.2013.06
old.2013.07
old.2013.08
old.2013.09
old.2013.10
old.2013.11
old.2013.12

I'm not using any renaming on the folders, just filtering out some of
them. So I guess the problem is the missing '.' in front of every folder
name.

How can I change my offlineimap configuration so that such a '.' is
added to every folder name? Do I have to use nametrans for that? Do I
need a reverse nametrans rule?

Thanks a lot,

Alan