Offlineimap not syncing mutt read/new/cur flags with dovecot mbox

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Tue Feb 5 07:14:39 GMT 2013

Hi!

Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 07:30:18PM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> I set up offlineimap with mutt to sync mail from a single account across
> multiple computers and I have noticed that the read/unread status of my
> mail does not seem to sync. Reading mail in mutt moves the message from
> 'new' to 'cur' in my offlineimap Maildir, and the N flag stays off
> locally, but this state is not transmitted to the other computers when
> they sync, even when I exit mutt or force it to write to disk.

Can you show the transcript of offlineimap sync session with UI set
to ttyui?

If you use plain IMAP client to your server after sync, are the messages
still marked as "new"?

> My setup is standard, except for one detail: The mail server in question
> is dovecot, and the mail folders are actually mbox on the dovecot side.
> I am not doing any 'quick' syncs (offlineimap -q).
>
> Is this a dovecot+mbox issue, or is there some other reason the 'cur'
> status is not being synced?

Don't know, though I am running OI with Dovecot/Maildir on the other side
for some accounts and it works.  So, at least is shouldn't be a general
issue with Dovecot.

Do you have any optimization settings for mbox (like mbox_lazy_writes)
on the Dovecot side?
--
rea