Offlineimap not syncing mutt read/new/cur flags with dovecot mbox

Number Six number6 at elitemail.org
Tue Feb 5 20:19:49 GMT 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 11:14 PM, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 07:30:18PM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> > Is this a dovecot+mbox issue, or is there some other reason the
> > 'cur' status is not being synced?
>
> Don't know, though I am running OI with Dovecot/Maildir on the other
> side for some accounts and it works.  So, at least is shouldn't be a
> general issue with Dovecot.
>
> Do you have any optimization settings for mbox (like mbox_lazy_writes)
> on the Dovecot side?

This seems to be the culprit. I hadn't set this, but if I'm reading the
dovecot.conf file right, it was on by default (along with
mbox_dirty_syncs).

I set both mbox_lazy_writes and mbox_dirty_syncs to 'no' in the conf,
and I finally got some flags to propagate between two OI client
computers.

Thanks!

                          or over the web