gmail -> gmail: required special treatment?

Dr. D. P. Kreil (Boku) David.Kreil at boku.ac.at
Sun Jan 13 03:45:38 GMT 2013

Greetings!

After some interruption and, as part of one of my New Year Resolutions, I
am now back on this case.

The last error I mentioned below can be "fixed" by a patch found online,
changing the line
     if resp == [None]:
     if not resp or resp == [None]:
in IMAP.py

Now I am back to the previous error message of

Server supports UIDPLUS but got no APPENDUID appending a message.
ERROR: Backend could not find uid for message

I am trying this with the latest released tar ball of to-date (6.5.4-0)

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Best wishes,
David.