Using offline-imap to send email written offline

Tim Gray lists+offimap at protozoic.com
Tue Jan 15 22:12:28 GMT 2013

On Jan 12, 2013 at 04:46 PM +0100, Erik Colson wrote:
>You might want to check out msmtp and msmtp-queue (which is a script
>located in a subdir of the source tree)

I use putmail[1] to do the same thing.  I forked it[2] and added a few
features, including OS X keychain support and combining putmail_queue
into the main distribution.  Lastly, I have a cronjob that checks to see
if I have an active internet connection and if I do, dequeue all
messages.

One important wrinkle to this setup is that when I send mail, it goes to
a script that queues it first, then dequeues it immediately if you have
an internet connection.  That way you never lose a message.  I also do
other things in the send script like scrape the outgoing message for
email addresses so they can be added to my address database...

[1]: http://putmail.sourceforge.net/home.html
[2]: https://github.com/tgray/putmail