AssertionError in cachemessagelist

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:35:04 GMT 2014

Hello,

Recently I'm getting the following error in two of the three IMAP
accounts I use through OfflineIMAP.

> ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for Home folder [Gmail]/All Mail: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 407, in syncfolder
>     statusfolder.cachemessagelist()
>   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py", line 72, in cachemessagelist
>     assert(line == magicline)
> AssertionError

I have opened a ticket [1] but wonder if anyone has seen anything like
this before. Obviously, it's not a widespread problem or my Google
searches would have turned up more help on the matter, but it would be
ideal if I could get it working again.

1 - https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues/134