<DKIM> AssertionError in cachemessagelist

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Dec 22 17:29:43 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 11:35:04AM -0500, Isaac Bennetch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I'm getting the following error in two of the three IMAP
> accounts I use through OfflineIMAP.
>
> > ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for Home folder [Gmail]/All Mail: Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 407, in syncfolder
> >     statusfolder.cachemessagelist()
> >   File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py", line 72, in cachemessagelist
> >     assert(line == magicline)
> > AssertionError
>
> I have opened a ticket [1] but wonder if anyone has seen anything like
> this before. Obviously, it's not a widespread problem or my Google
> searches would have turned up more help on the matter, but it would be
> ideal if I could get it working again.
>
> 1 - https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues/134

Since my last answer, I wonder how it is possible to get non ASCII
characters from these files. Did you manuallly edit a local cache file
at some point?

Please, show us the head of your LocalStatus files. They stands in the
cache. Look for the Account-<name> with the name of the offending
account:

  % cd <cache path>/Account-<name>/Localstatus
  % file *
  % head -v -n1 *

Report the results of the last two commands.