Bug in creation of remote IMAP folders?

Stephen Gran sgran at debian.org
Thu Feb 6 20:47:45 GMT 2014

Hi,

I use a fairly simple archival scheme, it looks roughly like this:

Incoming mail:

INBOX
Lists/Openstack
Priority/faults
Sent
Teams/GitHub

Archived Mail:
Archives/2014
Archives/2014/Lists/Openstack
Archives/2014/Priority/faults
Archives/2014/Sent
Archives/2014/Teams/GitHub

This gets translated to folders named things like
Archives.2014
Archives.2014.Lists.Openstack

in my local Maildir.  I think I'm probably sharing too much, but I want
to be clear.  When I try to sync with git HEAD, offlineimap fails with a
'Folder Exists' error from the remote IMAP server.  It appears that
offlineimap is comparing Archives.2014.Lists.Openstack to the remote
folder list, rather than the translated Archives/2014/Lists/Openstack.

Changing dst_name to src_name at line 174 of
offlineimap/repository/Base.py appears to have made it do the right
thing for me.  I'm not convinced this is the right fix, but I thought
I'd bring it to your attention.

I've set Reply-To and so on headers.  I would appreciate it if you could
include me directly in replies.

Cheers,
|  : :' :                                        sgran at debian.org |