<DKIM> Re:<DKIM> AssertionError in cachemessagelist

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sat Jan 10 02:29:25 GMT 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 08:46:49PM -0500, Isaac Bennetch wrote:

> I've been using this patched version since you sent it, syncing every
> couple of days, so perhaps 8-10 runs total. About number of
> messages/volume, my most recent sync, run this afternoon pulled in ~600
> messages from one account and ~150 from another. I haven't had an error
> message nor have I noticed any oddities with my mail. It certainly
> appears as if everything is working properly.

Ok, good to know. I've done a lot of work on this issue. I had to do a
LOT of code review and I'm still working on unicode support.

With the background I have today I can tell that you confirmed the real
root cause of the issue by testing this patch. But the problem is much
worse than the single fix/patch you're running with.

> I wasn't clear from the git logs whether you have merged this patch to
> the main branch, but either way thought some feedback would be useful to
> you.

I didn't merge it and I won't because I now have a much better
understanding and I know it's a wrong fix. It never gone beyond the
mailing list.

I hope I can come with better patches in the coming weeks. Aka "unicode

Thank you much for the feedbacks!

Nicolas Sebrecht

More information about the OfflineIMAP-project mailing list