OfflineIMAP fails with "command: UID => connection terminated"

Damien Desfontaines damien at desfontain.es
Wed May 6 07:47:38 BST 2015

Hello again,

I should probably precise that I already followed the instructions
there and deleted the cache and the contents of my mailbox (after
backuping everything, of course):
    http://docs.offlineimap.org/en/latest/FAQ.html#what-is-the-uid-validity-problem-for-folder
I still don't understand why this fails, since I've been using this
setup (offlineimap to get my e-mails on my laptop + SSH directly and
run mutt on the actual mailbox when I'm not on my laptop) for years
(so I guess my IMAP server deals with UIDs correctly).

I've backed up everything, so potential data loss is not an issue. If
the solution is to say to OfflineIMAP "just forget everything you know
about the UIDs of this mailbox and re-download everything", that's
fine with me — but how can I do that?

Best,

Damien