<DKIM> Remote mail is being deleted after sync

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu May 14 11:23:58 BST 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 08:30:49PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
>    Hello all,

>    I'm experiencing an issue where my email is being deleted on the Remote
>    side leaving my inbox (and other folders) completely empty.  The mail
>    is now all sitting within my local maildirs and subsequent syncs do not
>    send any of it back up to the remote side.  As you can see if the
>    --info output below, my nametrans settings match in both directions so
>    from what I can tell, it should just be syncing those folders leaving
>    the messages on both sides.  I've pasted the output of 'offlineimap
>    --info' below as well as a few key lines from the debug logs.  Full
>    debug logs can be viewed here: [1]http://pastebin.com/w5JQiYtq  Any
>    help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

This is a debug log from a run in dry-run mode. The dry-run mode might
not be reliable. Did you experienced the removal without dry-run?

I wonder if the metadata (the cache) is fully updated. Do the
modification times of the cache files look correct?

To dig into this next, you should disable all advanced features, one by
one or restart from a minimal configuration file and add the advanced
configuration options one by one to look for the root cause.

>    $ offlineimap --info
>    OfflineIMAP 6.5.5

Please, test more recent versions of OfflineIMAP, including latest
v6.5.7-rc4.