Sync deleted emails with Gmail

Florian Gamböck ml at floga.de
Mon Aug 15 19:20:15 UTC 2016

Hi Wojciech,

On 2016-08-14 14:19, Wojciech Żuk wrote:
> I have tried configuration with realdelete = true on Gmail repository,
> but still the same, message deleted from Inbox on email client after
> offlineimap synchronisation is also deleted from Gmail
> "accountname\Inbox" but this messages stay in Gmail\All Mail but with
> striped label.
>
> is anyone who have any solution for that?

you could instruct your mail client to move deleted emails to
Gmail/Trash and leave the "real deletion" to Gmail.

OfflineIMAP will synchronize, so the messages you want to delete will be
uploaded to Gmail/Trash. This automagically removes every label from
these emails, and with standard settings, Gmail will delete them after
30-or-so days.

--
Regards

Flo