merging two imap accounts

nanooq at nanooq.org nanooq at nanooq.org
Sun Feb 21 19:02:28 GMT 2016

Hello to all,

the documentation of offlineimap and the FAQ are absolutely worth their
name. Allow me to answer my own question to end this thread.

0.) Do backup.
1.) $ mkdir ~/archives
2.) $ mv ~/Maildir/IMAPnew/INBOX ~/archives
3.) $ mv ~/.offlineimap/Account-IMAPnew/LocalStatus/INBOX
~/archives/LocalStatus-INBOX # [0, read the stuff about sqlite]
4.) $ mv ~/.offlineimap/Repository-IMAPnew/FolderValidity/INBOX
~/archives/FolderValidity-INBOX
5.) Clean the cache $: rm -rf ~/.offlineimap/Account-IMAPnew # [1]
6.) Clean the Maildir $: rm -rf ~/Maildir/IMAPnew
7.) $: mkdir ~/Maildir/IMAPfinal
8.) $: offlineimap
9.) $: rsync --archive --verbose -P ~/Maildir/IMAPold/
~/Maildir/IMAPfinal/ # Pay attention to trailing /] this is a local
merge.
10.) $: offlineimap # this syncs the local merge to the IMAPnew-remote
server.

Lastly, I thank the community and developers for such a great programm
und documentation.

Cheers,

nanooq

[0]