<DKIM>

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Wed Jun 8 13:59:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 02:44:50PM +0200, edouard debry wrote:

<...>

>  ERROR: No CA certificates and no server fingerprints configured.  You
> must configure at least something, otherwise having SSL helps nothing.
>  *** Finished account 'Gmail' in 0:05
>
> This is very strange as I do have CA certificates, from my configuration file :
>
> [Repository Remote-Gmail]
> type = Gmail
> remotehost = imap.gmail.com
> remoteuser = mygmailaddrress
> realdelete = no
> ssl = yes
> sslcacertfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Are you sure above line is in the correct section?

> auth_mechanisms = LOGIN
>
> and I checked that /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt does exists and
> contain the google certificates.
>
> So, I really wonder what is going on, it used to work perfectly on
> ubuntu 14.04 and since I have upgraded to the 16.04 it gives me this
> error. I use offlineimap in conjunction with dovecot and emacs/gnus

You might want to check the versions and try to downgrade to the
previous version to figure if this issue is related to the upgrade.

> I googled the error several times, most of the time it comes from the
> fact that people forget the "/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" file,
> which should not be my case.
>
> Any ideas ?

For whatever reason, offlineimap can't get the value of the
'sslcacertfile' configuration option. Wrong option name, wrong section,
etc.